Biblical Reality and Pagan Worship
by Lujack Skylark
How pagans worship are connected in Biblical history:
(1) Princess Sit-Hathor-Yunet,Senusret III's sister, worshiped the vulture goddess Nekhbet as displayed on her necklace. This took place during the global famine. (Genesis 41:57) She believed by worshiping this bird the famine would be over. Joseph lived in Egypt at this time.
(2) Queen Sobekneferu reigned a few months after Joseph had died. She worshiped the crocodile goddess Sobek, believing Sobek had power to fight Egypt's enemies.
(3) King Ahmose worshiped the Egyptian moon god Iah at the same time Babylonian/Amorite king Samsu-ditana 1625-1595 B.C. worshiped the moon god Sin.
(4) Egyptian king Thutmose I worshiped the god of Wisdom Thoth. Thutmose I was paranoid believing the Hebrews would side with Egypt's enemies (Exodus 1:10-16). He thought being wisely he would have all male Hebrew babies killed. Moses emerged to become the powerful Hebrew leader.
(5) Queen Hatshepsut worshiped the cow goddess Hathor. The Hebrews, later in the wilderness, worship the golden calf.
(6) Egyptian king Thutmose III also believed in Thoth. He challenged GOD and experienced 10 plagues.
(7) Egyptian kings Amenhotep III & Akenaton were interested in sun worship, due to (Joshua 10:12-14) the sun standing still in the sky for nearly 24 hours.
This is how Biblical reality is confirmed when we discover how the pagans worshiped.