Israel: A Struggle for Survival
Long before Jacob became Israel, since the ancient beginnings of Genesis, this tiny nation has been in a constant state of survival. From the moment of Abraham's arrival in the land of Canaan, God's people have been surrounded by enemies on all sides.
Over the course of its history, time and time again, this band of 12 tribes has faced extermination, yet today stands among the worlds elite.
It is no coincidence that on the worldwide center stage is a country the size of New Jersey. Since the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt, to the Caesars of Rome, Palestine has been caught in the middle of power struggles amongst empires.
Born in the "Cradle of Civilization", the ancient Jews struggled against all odds to survive. The Old Testament Ancient Near East was made up of Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the Zagros mountains located on the westernmost edge of Iran. It was here that the cultures and influences of three continents converged - Africa, Asia, and Europe.
God's chosen people have faced persecution from nearly every single empire that has dominated the earth from the beginning of time. From the slavery of the Ancient Egyptians, to the Holocaust of the Third Reich, how is it possible that this nation today stands so strong?
The answer can be found in the Old Testament. The first five books of the Bible make up the Jewish Torah, or, the Books of Moses. It is in these books that the history behind God's people is revealed.
God made a covenant with Abraham that stands as true today as it did centuries ago. And God has consistently delivered over the course of time. His latest deliverance was one of no less significance than anything found in the Old Testament.
In 1948, for the first time since 586 B.C., a Jewish state was created. God had once again brought His people together in the promised land. From the ancient banks of the river Chebar, the voice of Ezekiel can be heard saying;
"My people, and I will bring you into the land..."
BLESSED PASSOVER & EASTER WEEK TO ALL OF GOD'S CHILDREN!
Our prayers continue to go out to Saeed Abedini, the American Christian pastor imprisoned in Iran, and his family. Remember them and the sacrifice he has made for the Kingdom as we recall the amazing power of God's deliverance, as evident in the Passover, and Christ's amazing sacrifice for us, evident in His death and resurrection. May God's hand grab hold of them in this unimaginably
difficult time. May God's Spirit move those that can help, to help.
"Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven."
In the Old Testament, as today, conflict and war characterized the relationship with Gaza. King David repeatedly called Yahweh his rock, shield, fortress, deliverer, stronghold and Lord. May Yahweh continue to protect His inheritance as He did in the days of King David, especially during the current heightened conflict with the Gaza Strip.
"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." --Matthew 5:10
Israel-a-history-of.com extends a thank you to the many visitors from China and Hong Kong, along with those looking in from the Ukraine and Romania. May God bless and be with His people from all around the world.
Anti-semitic ads may appear on the site from time to time. Israel-a-history-of.com aggressively seeks to locate and block these messages, and apologize for the appearance of such material. If you stumble upon an ad, please inform us and it will be blocked immediately. The efforts to undermine God's people are at every corner, and take every angle. Thank you for your understanding and help in
When contacting www.israel-a-history-of.com via the Contact Us tab, please include your email address. Thanks to all of those regular visitors and contributors to the website. The submissions and comments grow daily, as well as those visiting the site. Thank you for taking time out of your day, and please give us your insights!
- History of Israel Blog
- This page contains the newest pages and updates to Israel-a-history-of.com.
- History of Israel Media
- Israel Media presents the history of Israel through various media formats, including; video links, audio links and podcasts.
- Bible Study Resources and Book Store for WWW.ISRAEL-A-HISTORY-OF.COM
- Find Bible Study Resources, maps, Atlas and other resources to help with Old Testament and Bible studies, as well as research on the history of Israel.
- Map of Palestine
- Map of Palestine today, and various maps of Palestine throughout different eras of her history.
- Map of Ancient Mesopotamia
- An in-depth look at the map of ancient Mesopotamia, as well as other Mesopotamian maps.
- Old Testament Map & History
- A study of the Old Testament map; with different Old Testament Bible maps, Old Testament history, and Old Testament events.
- The 12 Tribes of Israel
- The 12 Tribes of Israel form the foundation upon which ancient Israel established it's Empire. The journey of Israel's twelve tribes begins in the days of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- The History of Jerusalem
- No city in the world attracts attention like Jerusalem. The history of Jerusalem reaches back over 4,000 years, and remains one of the most important cities in the world.
- Who Were the Nephilim?
- Were the Nephilim byproducts of fallen angels and women? Enoch wrote it was so, as did Moses. Could it be the pages of Enoch and the Bible contain the greatest kept secret in earth's history?
- Abraham: The Father of Many Nations
- The background of Abraham, the recipient of God's promise to become the Father of Many Nations. Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike trace their lineage to this man.
- Ancient Israel
- An easy-to-follow history of Ancient Israel starting with Adam, and following the lines of Cain and Seth, through the flood, and into the time of Abraham's initial settlement.
- History of Palestine
- The nation of Israel has a unique relationship with the land and history of Palestine. This page explores the relationship between Palestine and Israel.
- JERICHO ISRAEL: The Capital of Antiquity
- A comprehensive look at Jericho Israel, the oldest city in the world, and its different stages of development.
- The Mysterious Habiru
- In Genesis 14:13 Abraham is called a Hebrew. Scholars have argues the correct translation may be Habiru. Who were these people? Is there a connection to the Hebrews?
- Queen Esther of the Bible
- Queen Esther of the Bible was descended from the tribe of Benjamin. This tribe, thus, produced not only a king, but a queen as well. Esther would rise to become queen of Persia.
- Contact Us
- Send us your comments, suggestions, problems, praises, etc. We want to know what you think.
- Bible Study Forums
- Bible study forums analyzing ancient Israel through a number of Jewish, Musliim, and Christian sources of antiquity.
- The Gates of Jerusalem
- The gates of Jerusalem stand as a testament to the importance of this city over the last few thousand years. Jerusalem's gates have witnessed some of the most remarkable events in the history of man.
- Sitemap of www.israel-a-history-of.com
- The sitemap for the website www.israel-a-history-of.com.